Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chicken Enchilada Ring

This is not one of the prettiest dishes I’ve ever made. In fact, I’d go as far as to say this is one of the most unphotogenic recipes I’ve ever posted. However, despite the not-so-pretty picture, I couldn’t not share this with you, because it just tastes so darn good.

Essentially, this recipe combines everything that you’d use to make a chicken enchilada, but instead of wrapping the filling up in a tortilla, you use crescent rolls and shape the whole thing into a ring. It makes this dish so quick, so easy to make and portion, and such perfect tailgate food. I made this for dinner for our family one weekend, and needless to say we had tons of leftovers, but they held up really well throughout the week. This right here is football food at its finest!

Chicken Enchilada Ring
adapted from Kelly’s Recipes

2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 small can chopped chilies, undrained
1 cup sour cream
1 cup refried beans
1 package taco seasoning
2 packages of crescent rolls

1. Stir together chicken, cheese, chilies, sour cream, refried beans and taco seasoning.

2. Unroll crescent dough and separate triangles. Arrange on round baking stone or cookie sheet making a circle with wide ends overlapping in the center and points toward outside.

3. Spread chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring points of triangles up and over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at the center of the ring.

4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.


Print

5 comments:

Kitten with a Whisk said...

This looks so good to me! I almost fainted when I read the title ;)

Faith said...

The whole crescent ring approach is awesome for sooo many different fillings! Love this one tho!

Tessa said...

I agree with the last poster - I've made a "taco ring" recipe before under a similar premise. They really do work well for game food!

Julie said...

Weird how some of the tastiest dishes can look the most unappealing. But this looks and sounds wonderful :)

Desi said...

I wanted to try it as soon as I saw the pic, so I think your picture looks great! Going on my must-try list :)