Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Bagel BLTs


Can we all agree that it's pretty hard to improve upon a BLT? I mean, it's a classic for a reason, am I right? That being said -- I still find it fun to make new and different versions. So when I saw a bagel BLT in a recent issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray, I had one of those immediate I need that nowwww!! moments. I think we had these for dinner the very next night. 

Let me tell you guys, this is an absolutely delicious take on the BLT. Garden veggie cream cheese is one of my favorite food items in the world (I've been known to spread it on Ritz crackers and call that dinner), and it works so well on this sandwich -- with the bacon, in particular. Something about the creamy cheese and the crisp, salty bacon is just absolutely perfect. 

And, with only 5 ingredients and 15 minutes of cook time? I. am. smitten.

Bagel BLTs
adapted from Rachael Ray

12 slices bacon
4 bagels, split and toasted
Garden vegetable cream cheese 
8 lettuce leaves
4 slices tomato

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan; bake until crisp, 15 minutes.

2. Slather each side of the bagels with a thin layer of the cream cheese. Top each bagel bottom with three slices bacon, two lettuce leaves, and a slice of tomato. Season with salt and pepper and add the bagel tops.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

A classic and a favorite. Blessings, Catherine

Zonahobisaya said...

Jó honlap : Zonahobisaya
Jó honlap : One Piece
Jó honlap : lambang
Jó honlap : One Piece
Jó honlap : Zonahobisaya
Jó honlap : One Piece
Jó honlap : Zonahobisaya
Jó honlap : Zonahobisaya

Mobile app development company said...

Good post. Thanks for sharing with us. I want to share the information about the Android app development companies in Pune. Pune-based Android app development companies prioritize regular security audits and assessments to identify and address potential vulnerabilities, offering clients the assurance that their applications adhere to the highest standards of data protection. With a commitment to staying abreast of the latest security trends and emerging threats, these companies not only deliver innovative and user-friendly Android applications but also instill confidence in users by prioritizing the confidentiality and privacy of their sensitive information.

파워볼사이트 said...

This was an extremely nice post.

gostopsite.com said...

GREAT BLOG, I HAVE UNDERSTAND REALLY MUCH BECAUSE YOU JUST WRITTEN EXTREMELY FANTASTIC BLOG.

sportstotomen.com said...

I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO READ MORE ABOUT THIS.

19guide03.com said...

Having read this I thought it was really informative.

slotplayground.com said...

Thankyou for all your efforts that you have put in this.

edwardsrailcar.com said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!!