Friday, November 19, 2010

Monterey Ranch Bread

Ohhh, this bread. This bread. It is a revelation. It is just about this best thing since…well, since sliced bread. Since I first discovered the recipe, I’ve made it no less than four times. Joe and I think it’s the perfect complement to a big pot of chili, so that’s what we always eat it with. But whatever you serve it with, I think you’ll love this bread. The ranch dressing and cheese mixture is so gooey and delicious, and is balanced perfectly by the crispy, buttery bread. It would be equally as delicious (if not even better!) with cheddar cheese. There’s nothing not to love about this one!

Monterey Ranch Bread
adapted from Taste of Home

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
4 bolillo or hoagie rolls, split in half lengthwise to make 8 slices
2 tablespoons butter, melted

1. In a bowl, combine the cheese and salad dressing; set aside.

2. Brush slices of bread with butter. Place on baking sheet. Broil in oven 4 inches from the heat until golden brown. Spread with cheese mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.

Print

5 comments:

Holly said...

I could soo go for some of this bread right now!!

michelle said...

cheese + ranch dressing...what could be bad about this combo!

Allison said...

Ugh. I should have known that I shouldn't read your food blog post when I can't eat much other than applesauce, cupcakes, and mashed potatoes. lol I've starred this (like most of the things you post...besides all your bacon-y stuff) and will make it SOON.

Avril said...

Yum....SERIOUS Yum!

Desi said...

Hey Cassie! Hope you are doing well. I just wanted you to know that I posted about this recipe on my blog. We enjoyed this side! Nice recipe :)

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/06/monterey-ranch-bread.html