Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

Have you ever noticed that most pumpkin desserts never call for an entire can of pure pumpkin? At least, that’s been my experience. It seems like most desserts call for a cup or so, and I’m always left with pumpkin puree that I don’t know what to do with. Well, this flavored cream cheese is the solution to that problem. It takes less than five minutes to prepare, and it’s the perfect way to use up your leftover pumpkin.

This cream cheese has such an awesome pumpkiny, spicy flavor. We ate ours on plain toasted bagels, but I think this would be great on cinnamon raisin bagels, and that’s definitely what I’m using the next time I make it. You could even modify this recipe to use your leftover pumpkin pie -- minus the crust, of course. As it is, I think this would be a great light breakfast for the morning of Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese
seen on Sherry Starts Cooking

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a small bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and maple syrup until creamy (or just use your blender, which is what I did). Add pumpkin, spices and vanilla and beat until smooth. Refrigerate for at least an hour.

Print

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Happy Thanksgiving Cassie.

Sherry G said...

I loved this simple recipe sooo much. Glad you could try it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Monica H said...

Yummy! I just make pumpkin pancakes with the leftovers but this is a great solution too!