Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ranch Chicken Cutlets

We love ranch dressing in my house. It’s our preferred dipper for all kinds of things, including but not limited to: french fries, raw veggies, pizza rolls (yes, really), and chicken strips. So when I saw this recipe, I knew right away that we would like it. And, surprise surprise, we did!

I’ll definitely be making this again, but next time, I’ll be baking it instead of frying. The ranch dressing coating isn’t as effective at keeping the breading on the chicken as egg would be, so quite a bit of the breading actually came off of my chicken. This was disappointing, especially since the breading was pretty darn delicious. If you bake it, 400 degrees for about 30 minutes would probably be perfect, depending on the thickness of your chicken.

This is a great way to jazz up a plain old chicken cutlet!

Ranch Chicken Cutlets
adapted from Betty Crocker

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1 packet ranch dressing mix
Vegetable oil for frying

1. Combine bread crumbs and ranch dressing mix. Dip chicken into dressing, then coat with bread crumb mixture.


2. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until outside is golden brown and juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.


Print

8 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm better at cooking chicken in the oven than on the stove top anyway! This sounds delicious!

Cara said...

I LOVE Ranch Dressing...as long as it's not too mayonnaise-y. Also, ranch + pizza rolls=heaven! Wish I had remembered that when I made pizza rolls last night!

I love the idea of using Ranch Dressing instead of egg to keep the breading on. What a great way to add some extra kick!

Faith said...

Oooh this looks like a kid friendly recipe!!! I will have to add it to my list of things to cook for my neices and nephews!

Kelly said...

That sounds so good. If you can figure out how to do it without the breading, that'd be even better!

Sonya said...

man that looks good!!!

Unknown said...

Hi there! I found you via Avril's blog and the spinach & cheese pasta brought me over to visit - I'm your newest follower!

Unknown said...

This looks so amazing. You are making me hungry for this...before 9am! :)

Unknown said...

Hi :) Found your recipe through Marvelous Menus. This looks delicious, and I'll be trying it soon.