Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 11.7.11


It took me forever to come up with this week’s meal plan. I’m not really sure why – I just haven’t been feeling inspired. Everything that I (finally) came up with sounds delicious, though, so I’m pretty excited for dinner every night this week.

Monday: Mexican rice bowls with fried eggs. My friend Mercedes recently posted about this meal, which made me really want to make it again!






Tuesday: Hot browns, green beans. I’ve never made hot browns before, but this recipe is from my favorite cookbook, so I know it’s going to be good.

Wednesday: Chicken and cheese crescent chimichangas. These chimis taste exactly like the savory sopapillas they serve at my favorite restaurant, a little hole-in-the-wall Mexican place about 45 minutes away. We usually only make the trip there on my birthday, so these are the perfect substitute when I’m craving it!


Thursday: Gnocchi and tomato bake, garlic bread. I made this dish probably five times last winter (and adapted it a lot), but it’s so unphotogenic that I never got around to posting it – and it’s so good that it really deserves a good photo. But no matter what, I'm sharing it this time around.

Friday: Salsa ranch burgers and fries. When I asked Joe what he wanted to eat this week, he said that a burger and fries sounded good. So this meal is per his request, although I’m looking forward to it too.





Saturday: Pork chops, buttermilk macaroni and cheese, steamed broccoli








Sunday: Pork and butternut squash stew with homemade egg noodles. I made homemade egg noodles for the first time last month (recipe coming soon!), and I’m hooked on them now. I’m basically just making this stew as an excuse to eat the egg noodles, I won’t lie.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I am making those mexican rice bowls tonight... they look so easy and I def have all of those things on hand at all times... yum!

Allison said...

I always love reading your meal plan--it's so inspirational to me!

I had no idea what a hot brown was, so I went searching online. It looks...messy, but tasty :)