Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sweet Pork Tacos with Cilantro Ranch Dressing


It’s hard to find the words to describe a meal this good. I’m being completely serious. I cannot tell you enough how delicious these tacos were, and how perfectly they paired with the cilantro ranch dressing. Just sitting here typing this post is making my mouth water. I think I’m going to have to put this meal on our menu again next week. I actually would love to put this meal on our menu every single week.

What I love about Crock pot cooking is that it’s so incredibly easy. You can throw everything together the night before and turn the Crock pot on in the morning – and this is a meal that actually requires that. Letting the pork marinate in the Coca-Cola, brown sugar, and seasonings overnight really intensifies the flavor. The pork is sweet and spicy, with a welcome molasses undertone from the Coke. The cilantro ranch dressing (which is very, very similar to this) brightens up the tacos and adds a whole new level of flavor. I ate these tacos as leftovers for days, and was a little bit sad when they were all gone. They’re so delicious.


Sweet Pork Tacos with Cilantro Ranch Dressing
adapted from Just Cook Already

For the pork:

2 to 3 pound pork roast
3 cans Coca-Cola
1 cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic
1 can diced green chilies
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 packet taco seasoning

For the dressing:

1 cup salsa verde
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1/3 cup cilantro
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup sugar

Tortillas and shredded cheese for serving

1. The night before you want to serve, place pork in the bottom of a slow cooker. Mix together all other ingredients for the pork and pour over the roast. Cover the slow cooker and refrigerate overnight.

2. Cook pork mixture on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the pork shreds easily with a fork.

3. Blend all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender. Serve drizzled over pork.

8 comments:

amanda @ fake ginger said...

I have a pork loin in my freezer and now I know what I'm going to do with it. I'm so hungry after seeing this!

Allison said...

This is going directly onto my list for next week. It looks delicious, especially the dressing. Yum!

Katie said...

I have been on a real Mexican kick here lately and these look really, really good. Thanks for sharing!!

Abby said...

I'm always up for a good crockpot meal! But cilantro? Yep - I'm one of those people!

Debbie said...

I love this recipe Cassie. My husband has been doing so much cooking lately and I really think this is something he would love. If he cooks this I will let you know! The cilantro sounds sooo good in this.

Catherine said...

Dear Cassie, I am new to your blog and think it is very delicious. I love pork. This slow cooked pork sounds very good. It is one of my favorites. I am following your blog. I would love if you would visit my blog too and follow it if you like it. Thank you and blessings, Catherine

Cheese Curd In Paradise said...

I just made these! Delicious!

Jorge Ramiro said...

Owesome, I love your food. I have tryied this in Argentina. I have rented an apartment on 4rentargentina and they have amazing foo over there.