Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 8.1.11


And just like that, it’s August. I can’t believe how quickly this summer has flown by. August is one of my favorite months for a couple of reasons: it’s the month my husband and I celebrate our wedding anniversary (SEVEN YEARS!), and it’s the last month we have to get through before fall and (hopefully!) cooler temperatures arrive.

August is also the month that I take vacation from work, which is happening this week. Although we’re not going away anywhere this year, I’m looking forward to doing lots of fun things, like going to the state fair, taking the boys on their first hike, and finally seeing the new Harry Potter movie.

Because I’ll be on vacation, I’m giving myself permission not to cook. But I’ve planned meals for the week anyway, because I want to be prepared. Anything I don’t make this week will just be made next week.

And yes, there will be posts this week. I’ve got lots of yummy recipes to share with you, so be sure to check in!

Monday: Chipotle chicken kabobs with avocado sauce, rice pilaf, corn on the cob

Tuesday: Summer squash and corn chowder, grilled cheese sandwiches

Wednesday: Sweet potato and black bean foil packet tacos, Mexican sour cream rice

Thursday: BBQ bacon ranch chicken salad wraps, chips

Friday: Buffalo chicken tacos

Saturday: Pesto spaghetti with cheesy broiled tomatoes, garlic bread. I can't seem to find the recipe for the pesto spaghetti anywhere online, but I'm pretty sure I saw this idea in Every Day with Rachael Ray. You just add pesto to your cooking water halfway through the spaghetti's cook time, to infuse the pasta itself with pesto flavor. Or something like that.

Sunday: Baked chicken chimichangas, Mexican rice

No comments: