Sunday, July 3, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 7.4.11


Happy Fourth of July! I’m posting the meal plan a day early because tomorrow I’ll be too busy enjoying the holiday festivities to post. The boys and I are actually heading out to a cook-out here in a couple of hours. I'm pretty excited!

I hope you all have a safe and happy Fourth of July, however you celebrate!

Monday: Cook-out for the Fourth of July. We always go to my husband’s grandparents’ house to watch our town’s parade, and after it's over we feast on grilled cheeseburgers and homemade ice cream for lunch. By dinnertime, we're still too stuffed to eat.

Tuesday: Taco rice. This is one of our favorite recipes, hands-down, and if you haven’t made this yet you really should.

Wednesday: Rosemary ranch chicken kabobs and corn and tomato risotto. Nothing screams summer to me like grilled chicken and risotto with corn and fresh basil. Yum!

Thursday: Greek-style chicken skillet

Friday: Chicken cheesesteaks and arancini made with leftover risotto. I’ve never made rice balls before, so I’ll be looking at some recipes online and formulating a recipe out of what I find. If you’ve made them and have any tips, please share!

Saturday: Chili in the Crock pot

Sunday: Chili dogs and French fries

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I've made rice balls with day old risotto before. Best tips- keep it cold. Then ball it, dip it in egg/breadcrumbs, and fry. I use just a big of oil, let it brown, roll, brown, etc. I also keep the oven on 200 with a cookie sheet in there so I can throw them in the oven to stay warm while I finish them up! Enjoy!