Monday, July 25, 2011

Hot Bean and Cheese Dip


Bean dip is one of those things I just can’t stay away from at parties or get-togethers where it’s served. I’ve had my eye on this particular dip for a while, and I thought it would be the perfect complement to our Mexican hot dogs. It was! This dip is really, really delicious, and dangerously addictive too. Next time I make it will have to be for a party, because it’s just too dangerous for me and Joe to have it all to ourselves.

Now I'm going to go back to chuckling at the picture (which looks to me like a sailboat tortilla chip navigating a sea of bean dip) and wishing I had a bowl of this for lunch today.

Hot Bean and Cheese Dip
adapted from The Sweets Life

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
1 can refried beans
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese

1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and jalapeno. Saute until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.

2. Stir in the beans and cook until smooth. Add the sour cream, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.

3. Transfer to a bowl and serve hot with tortilla chips.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

so glad you enjoyed! I need to make this again soon--so good!

Tracy said...

I'm gonna have to try this. Refried beans is one of my favorite foods of all time.

Debbie said...

A great dip Cassie and it just HAS to be healthy because it uses beans!

Faith said...

oh yum! i must try this! thanks for the recipe!!