Monday, July 11, 2011

Better Than "Anything" Cake


I think we’re all well aware of what this cake is really called, am I right? I’m just calling it better than “anything” because I don’t want to get hits or spam comments from people expecting something else, if you know what I mean. This is a family place! :)

ANYWAY, this cake really is better than just about anything. Devil’s food cake is topped with sweetened condensed milk, hot fudge sauce and caramel. Add some whipped cream and some chopped Butterfinger bars, and the end result is a moist, rich, decadent treat. If you’d never made this, find an excuse to do so. Soon.


I’ve seen different versions of this cake. Some versions leave out the caramel or the hot fudge, while this version incorporates both. Some versions use Heath bars, but this version use Butterfinger bars. This is just our family’s favorite way to make this cake. And honestly, you really can’t go wrong with any combination of these ingredients.

Better Than “Anything” Cake

1 box devil’s food cake mix
Water/oil/eggs called for on cake mix box
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 jar hot fudge ice cream topping
1 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 Butterfinger bars, chopped

1. Prepare cake mix according to directions on box for 9 x 13-inch cake.

2. While cake is still warm, poke holes in it with a wooden spoon. Pour evaporated milk, caramel, and hot fudge over cake.

3. Spread whipped topping evenly over cake and sprinkle with Butterfinger bars. Chill until serving.

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cassie!
Just wondering if the 1 can evaporated milk in the ingredients list is correct. In the description, you mentioned a can of sweetened condensed milk. Just double checking because I plan on making this cake VERY soon. Thanks!

Cassie said...

Thanks for catching that, Heather! You're right -- it was supposed to be sweetened condensed milk. I updated the ingredients! Thanks, and I hope you like it! :)

Deborah said...

This is one of my all time favorite cakes!!

Debbie said...

I've made a similar cake but I want this one! Looks delicious Cassie!

Amy Anderson said...

Cellulite just formed on my thighs reading that recipe. :-)

Amy @ A Little Nosh

Monica H said...

I've been on a Butterfinger kick lately. In cookies, in ice cream...why not incorporate it into cake? looks great!