Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Buttery Cheesy Garlic Bread

I knew I wanted some garlic bread to go with the baked ziti we had for dinner the other night, but I didn't have any of the frozen kind in the freezer, and I certainly didn't want to take my little one (who is currently suffering from a cold and a double ear infection, poor thing) out to get some. So, I improvised. I had some bolillo rolls in the freezer, so I thawed them on the countertop while I was preparing the ziti, then sliced them in half and topped them with a delicious flavored butter and lots of parmesan cheese and black pepper. These turned out so well, I don't know if I'll ever go back to frozen garlic bread again!

Buttery Cheesy Garlic Bread
Source: Cassie

3 bolillo rolls, sliced in half
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Shredded parmesan cheese to taste
Fresh-ground black pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic powder, salt and parsley. Slather the flavored butter on roll halves. Top with parmesan cheese and black pepper.

3. Bake for about 5 minutes, until butter and cheese begin to melt. Turn broiler to high and broil for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until edges of bread begin to crisp.

2 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

This looks fantastic and I bet it goes just perfect with that gorgeous baked ziti you made!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm I love garlic bread. I like to cut a loaf of french bread in half, cover it in butter, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. Simple, but delicious.