Friday, July 8, 2011

Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Grape Sauce


Goat cheese is one of my absolute favorite ingredients. I just love the tangy, sharp flavor of it. Thankfully, my husband shares the goat cheese love (and so do my boys, so far, *fingers crossed*), so I can cook with it as much as I want to. I’ve had this recipe on my list to try for a while now, and I just knew we were going to like it. Goat cheese and fruit of almost any kind is always delicious to me; the sweetness and tanginess play off of each other so perfectly.

This dish is absolutely delicious. The thyme and balsamic vinegar go perfectly with the goat cheese and the grapes. Joe said he would have preferred cold grapes sliced over the top to the warm sauce, but I loved the sauce. With the grapes and the balsamic, it tasted a lot like wine sauce. Next time I’ll be sure to leave some of the grapes unsauced, just for him.

Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Grape Sauce
adapted from YumSugar

6 ounces goat cheese, softened
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, divided
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

1. Mix goat cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of the thyme in small bowl until well blended. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions.

2. Carefully slice crosswise through the thickest part of each chicken breast, creating a pocket, being careful not to slice completely through. Place goat cheese stuffing evenly into the pocket. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper.

3. Heat oil in large oven proof skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

4. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

5. Meanwhile, toss grapes, onion, vinegar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of thyme in medium bowl. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Drain oil from skillet. Add grape mixture; cook until heated through.

6. To serve, place a chicken breast on each plate and spoon grape mixture over chicken.

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Monica H said...

This is such a pretty dish!