Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know that my love of cilantro runs deep. I use it as a garnish for pretty much every South of the Border-ish recipe I make. So when this dressing popped up in my Google Reader, I knew I had to make it as soon as possible.

This is seriously one delicious dressing. We used it as a dip for taquitos, and used the remainder to dress a simple salad of romaine hearts, corn, black beans and avocado. It would also be a great dip for chicken fingers or thick steak fries. The ranch flavor is definitely there, but it doesn't overpower the cilantro and the lime. The original recipe calls for hot sauce, but I bought a green salsa with a medium heat level, which gave it just the right amount of spice. This is my new favorite dressing, without a doubt.

Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing
Source: Our Best Bites

1 1-ounce envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup milk
Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
1/4 cup green salsa

Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and combine. Make several hours ahead of time to allow for thickening.

1 comment:

Mrs. Ca said...

Using that new food processor already, huh? :) I love mine, especially when I'm making carrot cake or need to shred a bunch of cheese. Shredding is my least favorite task, so it's my most favorite blade for my Cuisinart.

Ooh! And try making pie crust dough in it. It's amazing!