Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 5.21.12


We're having a lazy day today. Right now, my younger son is napping, while my older one is having some quiet time on the couch, watching Bubble Guppies. Earlier we baked cookies, and I've done a bit of cleaning (although not nearly as much as I should've done). We tried playing outside for a while, but it's just so hot, and the boys got tired pretty quickly. I'm not going to complain too much but, um, 86 degrees seems a little warm for May, doesn't it?

I can't believe May is almost over, though. It's been a busy month already, and we're entering what will probably be the busiest week of this month. Next weekend is Memorial Day weekend, and we have a couple of cook-outs to attend. I'm also hosting my monthly cooking club on Saturday, so, um, I really should post this quickly and go clean my house more thoroughly.

Monday: Ravioli with bacon pesto mushroom cream sauce, garlic bread. I learned my lesson from last time I made this, and I'm doubling the recipe this time.

Tuesday: Texican burgers and Mexican rice. Joe and I recently bought a box of 36 burger patties for Andrew's birthday party on Mother's Day, and we have quite a few left over. I used some for the fried pickle ranch burgers, and I'll make use of the patties again for these. I've been excited to try these burgers for a while.

Wednesday: Brats with sauerkraut and whole wheat tortellini salad. Joe was so excited when he saw that I put brats on the menu. They're probably his favorite summertime food.

Thursday: Penne with chicken and vegetables in roasted garlic cream sauce, garlic bread. I know, I know: two cream sauces in one week. This one just sounds too good to resist, though!

Friday: Pork sandwiches with sour cream sauce, steamed broccoli. I love these sandwiches, and it's been too long since I made them.

Saturday: My cooking club. We're doing Greek food. I'm hosting, so I'm responsible for the main dish and the drinks. I haven't quite decided what I'm making yet, but I think I'm going to do marinated chicken and lamb (or beef) for gyros. For the cocktail, I think I'm going to make a Greek Tiger, which is ouzo and orange juice with a splash of lime, served over ice. But I think I'm going to blend it with ice instead, like a margarita or a daiquiri. It's supposed to be 90 degrees on Saturday, so I think it'll be really refreshing!

Sunday: We're going to a cook-out for Memorial Day at my aunt's house. I don't know what I'll be making yet, but I'm sure it'll be some kind of dessert. They always want me to make dessert -- not that I mind. :) I'm thinking a strawberry pie would be perfect...

1 comment:

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I'm making the penne with chicken and veggies as well this week. :) Great minds! I've also got that Texican burger on my radar so I can't wait to hear what you think.

I miss you! I feel like we haven't talked much lately.