Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Honey Mustard Cashew Chicken Salad Wraps


I came across this recipe after I noticed half a jar of cashews in my pantry that needed to be used up. I thought cashew chicken sounded pretty fantastic, but I didn't have a go-to recipe, so I did a search on Allrecipes. This was the first recipe that popped up. I was thinking along the Chinese-sweet-sauce version of cashew chicken, but when I saw this one I was intrigued.

This type of meal is perfect for this time of year. It uses leftover chicken, and the wraps are served cold, so you don't have to worry about heating up your kitchen with the oven. Oh, and also? These wraps are delicious. The tangy sweetness of the honey mustard pairs perfectly with the nutty cashews, and the cashews and celery give this chicken salad a great crunch. These are a quick, easy, and yummy lunch or dinner.

Honey Mustard Cashew Chicken Salad Wraps
adapted from Allrecipes

1/2 cup mayonnaise
6 tablespoons honey mustard
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped cashews
1/4 cup chopped red onion
4 (6 inch) whole wheat tortillas, warmed
4 slices provolone cheese

1. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, celery, cashews and onion.

2. Place a slice of cheese in the center of each tortilla. Spoon about 1 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Also Known As...the Wife said...

They look delicious and perfect for either a hot night when you don't want to heat up the house with the oven or when you have leftover chicken that needs to be used.