Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 8.22.11


Monday: Stuffed crust pizza – pepperoni and banana peppers on our half, plain cheese for the boys.

Tuesday: Spicy sausage macaroni and cheese, steamed broccoli. One day last week I became absolutely obsessed with the idea of putting spicy sausage in mac and cheese. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind since, so I’m trying it this week. I'm going to throw some halved cherry tomatoes in there, too, since I love the combination of sausage and tomatoes.

Wednesday: Chicken burgers with rosemary-garlic mayonnaise, fries. I love meals with simple ingredients that taste amazing, and according to Sarah, that's exactly how these burgers are. I can't wait to try them!

Thursday: Pan-fried pork chops, roasted potatoes, green beans. I’m going to coat the pork chops in flour (the way my grandma always did), and also add in some ranch dressing mix and onion soup mix to give them more flavor. I may add some of the ranch seasoning to the potatoes, too.

Friday: Dinner out

Saturday: Mexican pulled chicken stuffed peppers, Mexican sour cream rice. Bell peppers are still on sale at my store, so I'm still taking advantage of that.

Sunday: Pesto-infused pasta with cheesy broiled tomatoes, garlic bread. I'm excited to try this new technique for cooking pasta -- as well as to taste those cheesy broiled tomatoes. YUM!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I need to start meal planning and cooking again... now that I am in my own place it will be so nice to do!
I def bookmarked the Chicken stuffed peppers... they sound so good!

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I hope you like the chicken burgers. We LOVE them and they're so easy. I can't wait to hear about the sausage mac & cheese and the pork chops with roasted potatoes. Yum!