Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sausage Biscuit Sandwiches


I have an egg sandwich for breakfast most weekend mornings. Just a simple fried or scrambled egg, sandwiched between two slices of buttered wheat bread. It’s absolutely my favorite breakfast. I never met a breakfast sandwich I didn’t like, as a matter of fact. So I was drawn to this recipe when I saw it over on Tasty Kitchen, because it jazzes up a typical breakfast sandwich with cream cheese and raspberry jam.

I’ve always been a huge fan of sweet and savory elements paired together, and the combination worked so well in this dish. I loved the way the cream cheese and raspberry jam worked with the sausage and the egg, and the buttery biscuit just took these sandwiches over the top. I think any type of jam would work for these – I’m eager to try using peach next time. What a delicious combination of ingredients, and what a delicious little sandwich!

Sausage Biscuit Sandwiches
adapted from Tasty Kitchen

1 package refrigerated buttery biscuits
1 package breakfast sausage patties
Eggs
Spreadable cream cheese
Raspberry jam or jelly
Butter

1. Bake biscuits as directed on package.

2. Meanwhile, fry sausage in a large skillet on the stovetop until cooked through. Remove to a paper towel to get rid of the excess grease.

3. In another skillet, cook eggs to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

4. To assemble sandwiches, spread butter and about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on top and bottom slice of each biscuit. Spread top slice of each biscuit with about a tablespoon of raspberry jam or jelly. Add egg and sausage patty to the bottom slice of each biscuit, then cover with the top slice of each biscuit.

One year ago: Triple chocolate scotcheroos

4 comments:

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Now I know what I want to make for breakfast on Sunday. Yum!

Faith said...

Oh I just love breakfast! I bet these would be great to make a mess of in the beginning of the week and then take them for breakfast for work in the morning!

Debbie said...

This would be a nice change from my usual breakfast....

Monica H said...

Oh Sweet Jesus, this looks good. i love breakfast sandwiches any time of day and the sweet and savory combo sounds perfect. I want these ASAP!