Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bananas


I’m adopting a new strategy when it comes to the heat: I’m going to stop complaining about it. It seems like that’s all I’ve been doing lately, but it’s not helping anything, so I’m going to just stop. Maybe if the heat thinks it’s not getting to me anymore, the heat will lay off a little bit. Because it’s not necessary for it to be this oppressive. It’s just not.

Instead of complaining, I’m going to sit back with one of these frozen bananas and try to stay cool. And if there ever was a snack to help you stay cool on these hot summer days, this is it. And it couldn’t be simpler. Chop a banana in half, drizzle it with melted peanut butter and sprinkle it with chocolate chips, and then freeze it until it’s really cold. It’s a semi-healthy, quick, and delicious snack. When you freeze a banana, it takes on the texture of ice cream, and it’s such a fun treat. My boys go nuts for these.

I didn’t have any popsicle sticks on hand, but that would be a great way to enjoy these. We just went at them with our hands. Messy, but so delicious we didn’t care.


Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bananas
adapted from Keep’n the Faith

Peeled bananas
Melted peanut butter
Miniature chocolate chips

Cut each banana in half and drizzle with melted peanut butter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Freeze for a few hours before serving. Let soften about 5 minutes before eating.

No comments: