Because I am an airhead and also easily distracted, I completely forgot to add the cheese to the filling of the taco puffs. But no worries -- I just melted the cheese on top of the puffs for the last 5 minutes or so of cooking, and the cheese flavor was definitely still there. I'm excited to experiment with this method in the future -- by filling the puffs with sloppy joes, pizza toppings, etc. The possibilities are endless! These came together so quickly, and they were just yummy.
The recipe below reflects my changes (minus the whole cheese-on-top thing. If I make these again I'll try to remember to put the cheese inside). If you're using only one package of biscuits (which will make four taco puffs) you'll only use about half a pound of meat. I cooked up a full pound, though, just so we could have leftover beef for tacos for lunch today.
source: slightly adapted from Taste of Home Prize Winning Recipes; original recipe found here
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and chilies over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Cool slightly.
2. Flatten half of the biscuits into 4-inch circles; place on a greased cookie sheet. Spoon a small amount of the meat mixture onto each; sprinkle with shredded cheese. Flatten the remaining biscuits; place on top and pinch edges to seal tightly. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Ohhh, these look soooo good! I love anything mexican! These kind of sound like empanadas... I'll have to try them soon!
YUM!!! I think you should still put the cheese on top and on the inside. They look so pretty that way.. and cheese is soooooo good! (Can you tell I've been dairy free since may?) :)
What a good idea! I'm going to try this.
I found your blog from a friend of mine and thought it was so ironic that I made these the other night. Great minds think alike, I loved them!!!!
Excellent information, I like your post.
Best Prepared Meal Delivery Service in Ontario
Best Food Delivery Service in Perris
Cheap Meal Prep Delivery Service in Rancho Cucamonga
1 Akun Untuk Semua Permainan
- Togel: SGP, Agogo.
- Poker: Domino99, BandarQ, Perang Bacarat, Capsa Susun, Sakong, Bandar66, Perang Dadu.
- Slot: JDB, Habanero, RTG Slot, Pragmatic Play, MIMI Gaming, AFB Gaming, Tembak Ikan, Game Hall.
- Casino: Dream Gaming, GD88 (Sabung Ayam) , WMCasino, 855Crown,
WA : +62 823 3491 4358 KAPALJUDI
Post a Comment