I debated whether or not to post this, but in the end I decided it was just too darn good not to share with you. I don't know how many of you are like me, but I absolutely love watching The Food Network. One of my favorite shows to watch is Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. The food always looks so amazing, and by the end of each episode I've usually seen five or six things that I'm just dying to re-create in my kitchen. This sandwich is one of those things. I saw a version of it on Triple D, and I just couldn't wait to make it. Roast beef, gravy, and onion rings, all piled on soft fresh bread? How could you possibly go wrong?
This is a great sandwich. The meat was really tender, and the gravy thickened for me perfectly (and gravy is something that's always a little iffy with me; I'm an over-thickening repeat offender). I loved the crunch of the onion rings on the sandwich; they provided just the right amount of texture. I served some onion rings on the side, too, because I just can't seem to get enough of them.
This sandwich is comfort on a roll, pure and simple. Thanks for the inspiration, Triple D!
Roast Beef, Gravy, and Onion Ring Sandwiches
source: inspired by Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
1 1/2 - 2 pound beef top round roast (or any cut of beef you prefer)
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
Onion rings (we strongly prefer these because they're really crispy)
Fresh rolls, split and toasted (if desired)
1. Rub roast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place in a Crock pot. Add bay leaf, thyme, and water. Cover and cook on low heat 9 to 10 hours or until meat is tender and shreds easily with a fork.
2. Heat butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add flour and whisk until mixture is thick and bubbly, about 1 minute. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the beef cooking liquid. Stir over medium heat until gravy reaches desired thickness; salt and pepper to taste.
3. Top the bottom of a roll with a portion of the shredded beef. Top with gravy and two onion rings, then roll tops. Serve with additional onion rings on the side.
You always have THE BEST sandwiches! Yum :)
What a fantastic looking sandwich!! You choose such good food all the time.
I LOVED watching the Foodnetwork back home and I cant tell you how much I hate not having it here..diner food is the best and this is something Im bookmarking for sure!
im so glad you decided to share this because even though its just a simple idea, i would have never thought of it on my own, plus, i needed a recipe for gravy and omg i absolutely LOVE onion rings! (needed a recipe for onion rings as well so I'm excited to try yours.)
1 Akun Untuk Semua Permainan
- Togel: SGP, Agogo.
- Poker: Domino99, BandarQ, Perang Bacarat, Capsa Susun, Sakong, Bandar66, Perang Dadu.
- Slot: JDB, Habanero, RTG Slot, Pragmatic Play, MIMI Gaming, AFB Gaming, Tembak Ikan, Game Hall.
- Casino: Dream Gaming, GD88 (Sabung Ayam) , WMCasino, 855Crown,
WA : +62 823 3491 4358 KAPALJUDI
Post a Comment