Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 10.31.11


Monday: It’s trick-or-treat night, so we’ll probably grab something quick afterwards – or eschew dinner completely and just eat CANDY! (I’m kidding. Kind of.)

Tuesday: Pumpkin seed-crusted chicken, mashed sweet potatoes, maple cayenne roasted Brussels sprouts. This is a very autumnal meal, wouldn’t you say? We carved our pumpkins yesterday, and I roasted two batches of the seeds: a sweet version for snacking, and a savory version to grind up and use as breading for chicken. I can’t wait to try this! The boys have actually never had Brussels sprouts, so I’m eager to see what they think of them.

Wednesday: Chicken, bacon, and apple quesadillas, sweet potato fries. These quesadillas haven’t completely come together in my head yet, but we’ll see how they turn out.

Thursday: Farfalle carbonara with peas – a Jamie Oliver recipe that looks ah-mazing. I’ll probably leave out the mint, and I’ll use frozen peas.

Friday: Open-faced Southwestern ranch turkey sandwiches, more sweet potato fries. I’ve made these sandwiches before, and we love them. Recipe coming soon!

Saturday: Butternut squash macaroni and cheese, green beans. Again, I haven’t fully conceived this recipe yet. I just know that we all love butternut squash, and it’s so affordable and delicious right now that I want to cook with it as much as possible.

Sunday: Island chicken, roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli. I’ve heard so many good things about this chicken, and I think it’ll make for a simple and delicious Sunday dinner.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We loved that Island Chicken recipe! I'm sure you'll love it.