Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Snack Mix


I love a good snack mix, and I especially love making my own. I like a good balance of salty and sweet flavors and crunchy and soft textures. I was really pleased with how this autumn/Halloween version turned out. I made this for a(nother) snack day at the boys’ daycare, and the kids just loved it. Joe and I loved it, too, and both ate more than our share!

This would be a great snack to feed your little ones before they head out for some candy. And speaking of that, here’s a bonus photo of my sweet boys in their trick-or-treating garb:


Halloween Snack Mix

Honey Nut Chex
Pretzels
Cheez-Its
Miniature chocolate fudge stripe cookies (I used the 100-calorie packs)
Caramel Corn
Reese’s Pieces
Mixed Halloween candy (candy corns and pumpkins)

Mix together desired amounts of all ingredients. Store in an air-tight container.

4 comments:

Allison said...

They are so stinking adorable!!! I mean scary. lol Love the costumes!

amanda @ fake ginger said...

YUM! Love the addition of the caramel corn!

Allison said...

I love this alternative to sugary candy. Looks great!

Avril said...

Yummy mix indeed! Your boys look adorable Cassie!

Hope you guys have a fabulous Halloween!
~avril :-)