Monday, March 23, 2009

Turkey Reuben Wraps

Sunday morning, my oven stopped working. One minute it was working, and the next minute it just...wasn't. We don't know what the problem is. The repair man is coming on Wednesday. I am irritated with the whole situation. Moving on.

Although I'm frustrated that the oven's not working, I do love a challenge, and putting dinner on the table without an oven -- and without resorting to take-out -- definitely presents one. Thankfully, I have my trusty Griddler to help me out. Last night, I made us warm turkey reuben wraps with it, which were delicious. Joe and I are easy people to please, food-wise, so it should be no problem for us to subsist on paninis and grilled chicken and delicious warm wraps until Wednesday. Now, if the oven needs a part and that part needs to be ordered and shipped and it takes three weeks to get to us -- well, then I may need to get a little bit more creative.

Turkey Reuben Wraps
Source: my oven-deprived brain

1 package deli-sliced oven-roasted turkey breast
4 soft taco-sized flour tortillas
1 cup sauerkraut
8 slices baby Swiss cheese
Thousand Island dressing

1. Heat tortillas in microwave, about 15 seconds or until soft and warm.

2. On one edge of each tortilla, place 2 slices of cheese. Top with a quarter of the turkey, 1/4 cup of sauerkraut, and Thousand Island dressing. Roll tortilla tightly over filling, tucking in edges so the wrap is secure.

3. Place wraps on a preheated griddle (or in a skillet, if you're lucky enough to have a working oven) and warm over low heat until outsides of wrap are just beginning to brown.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm sorry about your oven, I don't know what I'd do if mine stopped working! These wraps look great, a nice twist on an old classic.

Donna-FFW said...

MMM, these look so good. I love turkey, I am going to trythis version next time!!