Monday, March 16, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese

Yes, I'm posting yet another Mexican-style recipe. I told you I was craving those kinds of flavors right now!

This dish is one I saw on a food blog a long time ago, but for the life of me I can't remember which one. The original recipe comes from Recipezaar. If you want a dinner that's quick and easy to throw together, and one that's also cost-effective, this is the meal for you. This was so tasty! It may not look like the most appetizing dish in the world, but let me assure you that looks are deceiving in this case. I served this over cilantro-lime rice, and we ate every bit of it!

Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese
Source: adapted from Recipezaar

2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
1 15 1/2-ounce can black beans, drained
1 15-ounce can corn, drained
1 15-ounce jar salsa, any kind (I used medium heat)
1 8-ounce package cream cheese

1. Add chicken breasts to Crock pot.

2. Add black beans, salsa, and corn.

3. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.

4. Add cream cheese and cook for 30 more minutes. Stir to combine.

3 comments:

Lisa K said...

I was looking for a crockpot dinner for tonight. I'm going to make this one!!

Marci said...

We had this tonight and it was great!

Stephanie said...

I've made this several times now and realized I've never commented on it! We love this recipe. It's really tasty and so easy to throw together. I've made it without the black beans and corn before and it's good that way too. My husband likes to eat his in a burrito shell. I just serve mine over rice. It's also good over rice and scooped up with some tortilla chips, yum! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!