Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Two Weeks of Christmas Treats, Day 6: Nutter Butter Santas
Three words: Nutter. Butter. Santas.
How cute are these guys? Again, I’ve posted about these before, but I thought they deserved another mention here. I’d never seen these before I started dating my husband. His grandma makes these for Christmas every year, and now I’ve copied off of her, and I make them too. They’re adorable, and kids and grown-ups alike just love them.
They do take some time to make, but they’re not hard to make by any means. They require very little effort, and they are just so cute that they’re more than worth it.
Nutter Butter Santas
2 packages white baking chocolate, chopped
1 package Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
32 white chocolate chips
64 miniature sweet or semisweet chocolate chips
32 red hot candies
1. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate, stirring occasionally.
2. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate. Place on wire racks. For Santa's hat, sprinkle red sugar on top part of chocolate. Place one white chocolate chip off-center on hat for pom-pom; let stand until set.
3. Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered. Place on wire racks.
4. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach semisweet chips for eyes and a red hot for nose.
5. Place on waxed paper until chocolate sets.