Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 4.30.12


I can't believe it's the last day of April. I really just can't believe it. This month has been such a busy month, both personally and professionally, and it absolutely flew by. I guess when you're constantly working on something and barely have time even to breathe, it's easy to forget what day it is and how quickly the time is passing.

And now suddenly it's nearly May, and my oldest son turns four years old in a mere eleven days. Talk about time passing quickly! He is just the sweetest little boy, and I love him to pieces. He also hasn't been feeling too great for the past few days, so I hope he's over whatever this is by his birthday.

The meal plan this week is shortened because of his upcoming birthday. We're having two small parties for him this weekend, and I'm not exactly sure yet what we'll do foodwise.

I'm hoping that May is much less busy, or at least that I'm able to manage my time better so I can share receips with you more often. I really miss posting here regularly. I really, really miss it.

Monday: Turkey bacon ranch sliders on pretzel rolls, chips. This is a carry-over from last week. I bought some frozen pretzel rolls at the grocery store that'll be perfect for these. I'll add tomato and Swiss cheese to the sandwiches, and maybe some baby spinach. These are based on a delicious sandwich I once had in my work cafeteria, actually.

Tuesday: Boursin chicken quesadillas, steamed broccoli, rice. Another carry-over from last week. I was going to add bacon to these (and still might) but worry that its flavor will over-power the other ingredients. I may just go with the chicken and cheese.

Wednesday: Gyro meatball lettuce wraps, Greek quinoa. I can't wait to try these lettuce wraps, and since I made quinoa for the first time a couple of weeks ago, I'm finding myself craving it. I think I'm hooked! I'll be adding chickpeas and feta to the quinoa, too.

Thursday: Joe has softball practice. So it's sandwich night at our place.

Friday: Smoky white bean chicken chili, cheese quesadillas for dipping. Too warm for chili? Nah! This version looks delicious.

Saturday: Andrew's party, part 1.

Sunday: Andrew's party, part 2.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aww four is fun! cant wait to see all the birthday foods you make!