Monday, April 2, 2012
Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 4.2.12
I really can’t believe it’s April already. Joe’s birthday and Easter are both coming up this weekend, and I am not at all prepared for either of those events. Thankfully I have the day off on Friday, so I should be able to get some things done then. Here’s hoping!
The menu this week contains a few meals that are carried over from previous weeks, but after this week, I anticipate our meals to move considerably into lighter, seasonal fare. Even though our winter was mild, it was still winter, and it’s left me craving lots of fruits and vegetables – and lots of grilled foods, too.
Monday: I’m going to a concert tonight with my best friend, so we’ll be hitting up a happy hour beforehand for appetizers and margaritas. The boys are spending the night with my mother-in-law, so Joe’s on his own for dinner.
Tuesday: Taco-lime grilled chicken with apple-avocado salsa, Mexican rice, grilled asparagus. I’m really excited for this one, even though it’s still coming together in my mind. I think it’ll be delicious!
Wednesday: Cheeseburgers on the grill, pasta salad, chips
Thursday: Spicy bacon spaghetti – a carry-over from last week.
Friday: Pork chops with prosciutto cream sauce, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli. This is a recipe from the early days of my blog that I’m revisiting. I loved it then, and I can’t believe I haven’t made it since. I’ll be sure to share it with you all again after I rework it.
Saturday: Joe’s birthday! I’m finally going to make him the sausage pancakes on sticks that I’ve been promising for weeks now.
Sunday: Easter. We’ll be having dinner with Joe’s family. I’m not sure exactly what my contribution will be, but I’ll definitely be making a few things.
Cooking by Category:
Weekly Meal Planning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I really like the idea of planning the whole week around a mix of familiar favorites and a few new meals. The taco-lime grilled chicken with apple-avocado salsa sounds especially good for the start of spring, and the grilled asparagus would be a perfect side. It’s also nice to see some meals being carried over rather than trying to create an entirely new menu every week. The birthday and Easter plans make this feel like a particularly busy week, but having the meals mapped out probably makes everything a little easier. For some casual browsing when taking a break from meal planning, Patang is also worth checking out.
Post a Comment