Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cheddar Biscuits

If you like Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay biscuits, then you are absolutely going to love this copycat version. Actually, I think these may be even better than the restaurant version. They come together in no time at all, and they’re incredibly flavorful and completely addictive.

I added parsley flakes, black pepper and onion powder to the biscuit dough, but those were the only changes I made. If you make these, definitely use all of the butter called for in the recipe. It sounds like a lot, but the biscuits soak up a ton of butter, so you really have to slop it on there. Don’t worry about it making them soggy, either; it just makes them really moist and even more flavorful. These biscuits will be making many repeat appearances in my kitchen!

Cheddar Biscuits
source: adapted from Recipezaar

2 cups Bisquick

1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese

1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.

2. Mix Bisquick, parsley, onion powder, pepper, milk and cheese until a soft dough forms.

3. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I got 10 biscuits out of my dough.) Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.

4. Mix butter or margarine and garlic powder. Brush mixture over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.


Sherry G said...

I just love all the recipes you post. They're always great family recipes and easy to make. This one I just have to make. They are my favorite part about going to Red Lobster!!

Keri said...

Oh my gosh, I'm drooling on my computer!! I can't wait to make these-- and I guarantee that Sean will want to personally thank you when I do:-)!

sad said...

Marquise Formen sind auch beliebte Wahl thomas sabo 2010 mit Überlänge und Spitzen. Discount Hochzeit Schmuck ist nicht immer thomas sabo online shop eine einfache Entscheidung. Stellen Sie sich vor Ihrem thomas sabo uhren großen Tag steht vor der Tür und du steckst fest, was mit Accessorize. Sollten Sie ohrringe creolen Ihren alten Schmuck? Leihen Sie etwas? Oder verbringen Sie ein kleines Vermögen, damit Sie thomas sabo armketten gut aussehen auf Ihrem Hochzeitstag?