Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas


Well well well, do I have a delicious recipe to share with you today. Even though I knew these were going to be good (I mean, duh: Look at that ingredient list!), I was completely unprepared for just how much I was going to love them.

See, here’s what happens: You have crispy bacon, gooey cheese, tender chunks of chicken, and buttery slices of avocado. You put all of those things together between a couple of tortillas and BAM! It’s an explosion of flavors and textures.

I know I’m not fully conveying how delicious these are. Just TRY THEM, please. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas
adapted from One Day At A Time – From My Kitchen To Yours

8 medium-sized flour tortillas

1 pound chicken breasts
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
8 strips of bacon, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
Lime juice
Shredded Monterey jack cheese

1. Fry bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Set bacon aside to drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1/2 tablespoon of drippings from the pan.

2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder and add the chicken to the bacon drippings. Cook until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Let chicken rest for 3 to 5 minutes, then dice very finely or shred. (You can always dice the chicken before you cook it, but I think it’s much more tender if I wait to chop it until after it’s cooked.)

3. Slice avocado and sprinkle with lime juice to preserve color. Top four tortillas with cheese, chicken, bacon, and avocado. Sprinkle with more cheese and top with other four tortillas. Cook each quesadilla until browned and crispy.

Print

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy I am going to have to make these!

Taylor said...

You truly can't go wrong chicken, bacon, avocado, and CHEESE!! This is a great idea!

Sherry G said...

Wow. Just wow. Every part of the title made me hungry!

Ann said...

Love! I am a member of the "avocado of the month club" and just got 6 perfect avocados shipped from Southern Cal. Can't wait to try these quesadillas!

Debbie said...

Fabulous!!! Just frying the chicken in the bacon does it for me. I love avocados and this just sounds so good....

Rachel said...

I love the flavors of chicken, bacon and avocado together!! Quesadillas were one of my biggest pregnancy cravings when I was pregnant with my daughter--these will be high on my list of "recipes to try"!!!

Natalie said...

YUM! i can't wait to try these!!!!

Cara said...

Quesadillas are one of my favorite quick and easy meals, and one of the few foods that my picky little 3 year old will eat. I've never tried them with bacon and avocado, but this combo sounds SO yummy!

The Daily Smash said...

YUMMY I need to tell my husband to stop and get some avacados on the way home :) Cant wait to try these..


Ashley
www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

Deborah said...

I could seriously go for these right now!! Perfect pregnancy food!!

Desi said...

I know we will be making these soon! Love all of those ingredients. Your recipes never cease to amaze me :)

Jamila said...

Oh my isnt that heaven on earth!