Friday, February 4, 2011

Cheesy Beer Dip

I’ve saved the best Super Bowl snack recipe for last. Especially if you happen to be rooting for the Packers this year, I’d venture to say that this cheesy beer dip is The Ultimate Super Bowl Dip for you. Use Wisconsin cheddar and beer brewed right in Milwaukee. It couldn’t be more perfect.

However, no matter who you’re rooting for this weekend or where you live, I think you should definitely make this soon. It’s so incredibly good! The cream cheese and cheddar make it creamy and gooey, and the beer adds such a wonderful yeasty, tangy flavor to the dip without being overpowering.

The original recipe says that this should be served cold. I say that’s madness. I served it warm with a huge pile of pretzels, and we seriously could not get enough of this. YUM.

Cheesy Beer Dip
adapted from Taste of Home

2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup beer
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Pretzels for serving

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together cream cheese, beer, and ranch dressing mix. Continue to stir until smooth and bubbly, then add cheddar cheese until melted.

3. Pour into a greased oven-safe dish. Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly. Serve with pretzels.

Print

4 comments:

Allison said...

And again you have me drooling. I can't decide what to make this weekend (and it will just be C. and me...)!

Rachel said...

I'm drooling, too! We love appetizers--could make a whole meal out of them! Unfortunately, I have to work this weekend and won't be able to make any fun Super Bowl snacks, but I'm rounding up ideas for my kids' birthday party next month!

Desi said...

Love beer. Love cheese. Love them together!

Kylie said...

wow!beer and cheeze!i'm cravin for it!perfect combination!