This recipe uses a boxed cake mix, but the end result really doesn’t taste “boxed” at all. These are gooey, chocolaty, rich, and decadent, and everyone who tried them loved them. I mean, really, how could you not? The hardest part of the recipe was waiting for them to cool before I cut them. Thanks for a great recipe, Natalie!
source: The Sweets Life
1 package German chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup melted butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
1 bag individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Combine cake mix, melted butter, and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Mix well and pour 1/2 the batter into the pan. Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and pour over cake.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the caramel. Top with spoonfuls of remaining batter and carefully spread to cover caramel. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least half an hour before cutting.