Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Year of the Cookbook

Happy New Year! I was going to do a sort of "food year in review" post today, but I just now feel like I'm getting this little food blog off the ground, so maybe I'll save that for next year. And if I can stick to my cooking-related resolutions, 2009 promises to be a great year for cooking and baking in my kitchen!

Taking my inspiration from Deborah, the author of one of my favorite food blogs, I've decided to make 2009 the Year of the Cookbook. I have waaaay more cookbooks than one person should probably own -- and some of them still have crack-free spines. So here's my goal: Cook at least one recipe from each and every cookbook on my shelf this year. And until I reach that goal, I'm not allowing myself to buy another cookbook. I want to get started as soon as possible, so look for the first Year of the Cookbook recipe soon. I clearly have my work cut out for me:

Wish me luck! And may your lives (and your stomachs!) be blessed in 2009!

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

I have the same resolution! I think I have twice as many cookbooks as you though. I keep looking at my bookcase and wonder how to even begin. Do I arrange them in alphabetical order and go from there? Do I create a spreadsheet so I don't repeat or skip books?

Anonymous said...

You can do it!
(holycrapthat'salottacookbooks).