Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 7.23.12


I'm hoping to get back on track this week with posting, since I slacked last week. Sometimes it's hard for me to balance all of my various responsibilities, and sometimes the blog, unfortunately, falls to the bottom of the list. I've been making lots of delicious things, though, that I'm really excited to share with you.

I can't believe this is the last meal plan for the month of July. This month passed by so quickly, and it's been a really busy month too. Hopefully August will be the month we're able to slow down a bit!

I'm trying something different this week: a whole week of meatless meals. Well, almost a whole week, since we're going to a cookout on Sunday and there will be lots of grilled meats to enjoy. There's no real reason for this (I'm not planning to become a vegetarian or anything like that); I just thought it would be fun to try something a little different. I'm not telling Joe about my plan, and am going to see how long it takes him to notice the lack of meat in his meals!

Monday: Cruncy black bean tacos and Mexican rice. I didn't get around to making this meal this week, so I'm excited to have it tomorrow night.

Tuesday: Sweet potato corn cakes, spinach salad with strawberries, avocado, feta, cashews, and strawberry-lime vinaigrette. I think these sweet potato cakes will be a huge hit, since we are a yam-loving family. The salad is one I've never tried, but I think the combination sounds delicious; we'll see how it turns out.

Wednesday: Roasted poblano quesadillas, elote. To say I'm excited to try this method for corn on the cob would be a massive understatement.

Thursday: Joe has a softball game.

Friday: Pasta with Tex-Mex pepper cream sauce, Mexican-style garlic bread. This pasta is another dish I had on our meal plan previously but didn't get around to making. I'll use roasted red peppers, because I have a jar on hand.

Saturday: Bacon pierogi bake, minus the bacon, plus broccoli and maybe some other stuff. (I know, that sounds way professional.)

Sunday: My cooking club is meeting, but we're getting everyone together (significant others, kids, etc.) to have a cookout and pool party. We'll be having delicious barbecued foods. I'm responsible for bringing dessert, so I'll be taking peanut butter pie and s'mores whoopie pies.

1 comment:

Abby said...

My dad got me five dozen ears of corn for $20 from the farmers market over the weekend, and I froze it in the husk so we can eat it all year. (Not that it will last that long.) We love elote, too!