Saturday, May 24, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie

Joe recently had a potluck at work and, in typical Joe fashion, he asked what I was making for him to take. Never mind the fact that I just had a baby; no, clearly this potluck took precedence over the care of our newborn. (I'm just kidding, of course; Joe is an amazing father and took wonderful care of Andrew while I was in the kitchen slaving away.) Peanut butter pie was the first thing that came to my mind. Not only is it so easy to make, it's also something I craved throughout my pregnancy and never got the chance to indulge in. So, naturally, I decided to make two pies -- one for his potluck, and one just for us.

The recipe was handed down from my mom, and I have no idea where or who she got it from. This is the most delicious, scrumptious, sinfully decadent peanut butter pie you will ever put in your mouth. Honestly, that's really all that needs to be said about it. It's so easy to make -- the only thing that requires baking is the crust -- so you have no excuse for not making this dessert immediately.


Peanut Butter Pie
Source: my mom

For the crust:
1 1/4 cups peanut butter Oreos, finely crushed (about 20 cookies)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted

For the pie:
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream, whipped

1. Combine crust ingredients; press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes; cool.

2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with cookie crumbs if desired. Refrigerate before serving.

3 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

Holy gamoly, that looks sinfully delicious. My kid, Buddha, will turn three next month. I have a feeling that we'll forgo the traditional cake and eat peanut butter pie instead!

Congrats on your new addition! He's beautiful!

Thistlemoon said...

That looks awesome Cassie! I am sure it will become a favorite of Andrew's when he gets older! :)

Amy said...

This looks delish.. I am planning on making it this week... btw i am linking this post to my Friday Faves