Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 7.16.12


I really did mean to post our meal plan yesterday, but the day just got away from me. We really didn't do much; it rained most of the day, so we had a lazy day inside. I spent most of the day playing with the boys rather than playing on the computer, which is a day well-spent in my opinion! My sons aren't going to want to include me in their little games forever, so I'm soaking it up as much as possible -- even if it means I spend half of the day frozen in one position due to their "freeze rays." :)

I did go to the store yesterday, though, and I'm pretty excited about all of the meals I have planned for this week.

Monday: Shrimp po' boys, chips. We ate these sandwiches only a week ago, but I am already craving them again.

Tuesday: Chicken parmesan pasta, garlic bread. We had this pasta once before and loved it...but I accidentally deleted the photos from my camera before I uploaded them. D'oh! Oh well, it's a good excuse to make this again!

Wednesday: Southwestern chicken salad melts, tortilla chips and guacamole. I'm going to add -- you guessed it! -- bacon to the sandwiches.

Thursday: Joe has a softball game, so I won't bother with a big dinner.

Friday: BLT gyros. This is based on a sandwich I had at a food truck last week. So. freaking. good. I can't wait to try it at home!

Saturday: Taco pie. There are tons of recipes out there for this, so I'm just going to pull bits and pieces from a bunch of different recipes.

Sunday: Crunchy black bean tacos and Mexican rice. I love the look of these tacos.

No comments: