Monday, July 30, 2012

Ranch Chicken Tacos


It's only Monday, but I can already tell that I'm having one of those weeks in which I just don't want to mess with dinner. I did make a meal plan this week, but I'm not bothering to share it because it's pretty boring: spaghetti, sloppy joes, that sort of thing. I'm in the mood for simple, uncomplicated food. Less time cooking dinner means more time watching the Olympics. I have my priorities!

One of the meals we're having this week includes these ranch chicken tacos, which I've made before and which we all absolutely loved. The ranch flavor works so well with the taco seasoning. We kept our toppings pretty simple: just some shredded cheddar, sliced avocado, chopped lettuce, and a drizzle of ranch -- and I'm making them the same way this time. I'm really excited that we're having these again this week, because they're incredibly delicious!

Ranch Chicken Tacos

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1/4 cup water
Flour tortillas
Shredded cheese, avocado, lettuce, and ranch dressing for topping

1. Preheat about a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium skillet. Add chicken and, when nearly cooked through, season with taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix. Add water to keep the seasonings from sticking to the bottom of the skillet and stir to evenly combine as the chicken finishes cooking.

2. Serve chicken on flour tortillas topped with desired toppings.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'll be making something similiar within the next two weeks. Looks delicious!!

Debbie said...

My kitchen has been lacking in the cooking department lately...probably because it has just been so hot here. I'm saving this recipe and will try it sometime soon....

Allison said...

Lol. You sound like me last week with the boring meals. Not horribly exciting this week, either! And I'm totally with you on the Olympics. I'm obsessed!

amanda @ fake ginger said...

This looks soooo good! I don't think I've tried taco seasoning and ranch together but now I have to!