Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pineapple Chicken Salad


I’m sure this has just about everything to do with the weather, but I’ve been obsessed with pineapple lately. It’s my current phase, and you know how I go through phases like this with ingredients every once in a while. Thankfully, this is a much healthier phase than the crescent roll one. Or the bacon one, which is pretty much ongoing, unfortunately (or fortunately, because BACON).

Anyway, you can expect some pineapple-licious recipes over the next couple of weeks, if I ever get back on a regular posting schedule (making no promises here). First up is this chicken salad, which I simply can’t say enough good things about. It’s absolutely delicious. The juicy bits of pineapple are such a nice surprise throughout the salad and, although I was initially wary about the amount of Worcestershire sauce, I have to say I was pleased at how well its flavor paired with the other ingredients. We all happily gobbled up these sandwiches for dinner, and were even happier to have leftovers for lunches throughout the week.

Pineapple Chicken Salad
adapted from Annie’s Eats

2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup thinly-sliced green onions
1/2 cup thinly-sliced celery
3/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper

In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, carrots, onions, celery and pineapple. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, stirring well to combine. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed. Refrigerate until serving.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Well I'm glad you're back- I was wondering where you went last week!!