Friday, December 28, 2012

Spinach-Artichoke Bites


I've actually made these spinach-artichoke bites a few times now, and I just haven't shared them yet, which is truly a travesty. I first came up with this idea back in March, when I was planning my sister-in-law's baby shower. Inspired by these cheesy corn bites, I decided to fill tortilla cups with spinach-artichoke dip for easy eating. Every time I make these, they are the first thing to disappear, and everyone raves about them.

Spinach-artichoke dip is one of those things I do a little bit differently every time I make it, and this time I added chopped roasted red peppers to the mix (since I was making these for a Christmas celebration, I thought the colors would be festive). I absolutely loved the addition of the roasted red peppers, and I think I'll be adding them to my dip all the time now!

Spinach-Artichoke Bites

2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 10-ounce box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 roasted red peppers, patted dry and diced
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 bag cup-shaped tortilla chips (like Tostitos scoops)

1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Add garlic and artichokes to saucepan and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in spinach and roasted red peppers. Add cream cheese and sour cream and stir until smooth and thoroughly combined. Add 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and the parmesan and stir until melted. Remove from heat.

3. Arrange tortilla cups on the prepared baking sheet. Add about a tablespoon of the dip to each cup. Sprinkle each cup with remaining mozzarella cheese.

4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the cheese on top is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature.

2 comments: