It's been raining here for two weeks straight. Literally, for two weeks straight. I mean, sure, it's stopped occasionally, but the weather has been so gross (humid and sticky) that I haven't felt like stepping a foot outside. All of the humidity is wreaking havoc on my allergies, too, so I've been pretty miserable lately. With my watery red eyes, itchy stuffy nose, and nearly-constant sinus headaches, I am the absolute picture of summer fun, let me tell you. So, I'm sorry I haven't been around much, but I just haven't been feeling the greatest.
I could certainly use a sandwich like this to clear out my sinuses. The spicy buffalo chicken would definitely do the trick, and not only that, it would be absolutely delicious. If I had to define my perfect sandwich, this one would be it. It's loaded with spicy buffalo chicken strips, cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, and a generous drizzle of ranch dressing.
I mean, come on. Does it get any better than that?
Buffalo Chicken Cheddar Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup all-purpose flour
8 chicken tenders (about 1 pound)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot
3 tablespoons melted butter
8 strips of bacon, cooked to desired crispness
4 slices cheddar cheese
4 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
1. Place buttermilk and flour in separate bowls; season flour with salt and pepper. Set out a rimmed baking sheet alongside the bowls.
2. Dip chicken in buttermilk, allowing excess to drip off, then in flour. Shake off the excess flour and place on the baking sheet.
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Working in batches, fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
4. In a large bowl, stir together the hot sauce and melted butter. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
5. Place two strips of chicken on the bottom of each roll. Top with a slice of cheddar cheese, two slices of bacon, a generous drizzle of ranch dressing, and the roll top.