Friday, June 3, 2011

Pizza Panini

I think this is one of the best ideas for a quick and easy lunch or dinner I’ve ever had. It’s a pepperoni and cheese panini, and the bread is store-bought garlic Texas toast. Served with pizza sauce on the side for dipping, this meal is literally ready in minutes, and it’s absolutely delicious. It’s also a kid-pleaser, to which I’m sure both of my boys would attest.

The panini itself is easily customizable – use any combination of pizza toppings and cheeses you like. I think black olives and/or banana peppers would be particularly delicious in addition to the pepperoni. I kept them simple for my first go-round, but I’ll definitely be experimenting with different ingredients when I make these again!

Pizza Panini

Frozen garlic Texas toast
Deli-sliced pepperoni
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Pizza sauce

Prepare garlic toast according to package directions. To assemble sandwiches, top a slice of garlic toast with pepperoni and a sprinkling of cheese, then another piece of garlic toast. Cook in a panini press until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.

Print Friendly and PDF


Katie said...

This one makes me want to go out and buy a panini

Aarthi said...

yummy one..

Cristine said...

Fantastic idea! And thanks for sharing the pizza puff recipe... it's a new fave!

Monica H said...

I saw these yesterday but didn't have any garlic bread so I made pizza quesadillas instead for a snack and they were delicious!

mobile said...

What a great idea, it looks so delicious, i will try this for sure, thanks a lot for sharing.

The Home Cook said...

These are on the menu tonight. I can't wait.