Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 12.5.11


I’m taking a break from the Christmas treats this morning to bring you our meal plan for the week. When planning this week’s meals, I really wanted things that were quick and easy, since our December schedule is jam-packed. I also wanted meals that were cost-effective and used up a lot of things that I have on hand, since it is Christmas time, and we still have lots of presents to buy. So the meal plan this week is a combination of old favorites and a few new-to-me recipes I’ve been dying to try.

I'll be back tomorrow with the fourth Christmas treat!

Monday: Egg salad BLTs and chips. Egg salad is one of my favorite quick meals to make. I’ve never posted my tried-and-true recipe here because I figure everyone already has a favorite that they use, but if anyone wants me to share it, I certainly will!

Tuesday: Spinach and chicken tortilla bake. Stephanie (who just had a sweet baby boy!) never steers me wrong, and this tortilla bake looks delicious!

Wednesday: Bow ties with spicy sausage in tomato cream sauce. This pasta is amazing.








Thursday: Tater tot nachos. The original recipe calls these “tacos,” but they look more like nachos to me, so that’s what I’m calling them. But no matter what I call them, I’m sure everyone will love them!

Friday: Pizza (or pizza rolls). I’ve realized lately that cooking all seven days in a week, along with all of my other responsibilities, is kind of a lot for me. I’m trying to give myself a break more often, and I think having pizza on a Friday night is a good way to do that!


Saturday: Ranchero chicken crostada. My mouth is watering, just remembering how delicious this is. I can’t wait to have it again!






Sunday: Chicken Marsala pasta. I’m going to love anything that has the word “Marsala” in it. I tried my own version of chicken Marsala pasta last winter, but I wasn’t completely happy with the results. I like the looks of this recipe a lot. I may even sub smoked gouda for the parm and provolone, since it goes so well with the flavor of Marsala (and is probably my favorite cheese).

No comments: