Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 5.3.10

Holy crap, you guys: This is my 400th post! I never would have thought when I started this little blog back in April of 2008 that I'd have posted so many recipes at this point. I also never would have thought so many people would actually read this, so THANK YOU for coming back again and again, leaving nice comments, and even trying out my recipes. I am having so much fun, and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon!

Monday
: Joe's ribs, foil-packet potatoes, grilled asparagus. Joe's ribs are an all-day affair, and they are AMAZING. He marinates them overnight, slow-cooks them in the oven, and then moves them to the grill so they'll caramelize. They are so good. Maybe one day I'll get him to give up his marinade recipe, but as of now it's still a secret. And I kind of like it that way; I think if I knew exactly how he made them, they just wouldn't taste quite as good.

Tuesday: Creamy tortellini with spinach and tomatoes. I told you guys I couldn’t wait to make this again!

Wednesday: It's cinco de mayo! We're celebrating with taco joes, layered Mexican dip (I'll share the recipe soon) and chips, and probably a margarita or 4. Or 7. Be sure to stop by here on May 5, because I’ll be sharing a delicious cheesecake recipe.

Thursday: BBQ shrimp over buttered noodles, salad. I’ll be doubling the recipe this time. Joe and I both wanted more the last time I made this.

Friday: Leftovers, sandwiches, or take-out

Saturday: Creamy pestomato soup, grilled provolone and salami sandwiches

Sunday: It's Mother's Day! My oldest son turns two on Monday the 10th, so we're having his party on this day. Joe will be grilling hot dogs and hamburgers, and I'll be making a bunch of delicious, easy, (and cold -- ideal for easy prep on Saturday) side dishes to go with them: deviled egg pasta salad, broccoli salad, grape salad, wonderful pickles, baked beans, vegetable pizza, and the list goes on. One thing is for sure: We'll have way too much food. That's how I roll.

2 comments:

Cara said...

Wow! 400 posts already?! That's quite an accomplishment! You've shared so many fabulous recipes.

I'm definitely curious about Joe's secret ribs. I cooked ribs yesterday (for only the 2nd time ever), and they didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. I'm still perfecting my rib technique.

love-up-you said...

Diese Ringe werden auch als Quadrat Smaragdschliff thomas sabo charm oder Kissen schneiden bekannt. Und das stilvolle Merkmal dieser Schnitt ist die quadratische Form mit thomas sabo charm club anhänger Ecken schneiden wie ein Achteck. Aber vor dem Kauf Asscher Diamanten Ring müssen Sie berücksichtigen, dass der Diamant sollte angebote thomas sabo anhänger der höheren Farbe und Klarheit zu halten, weil der Schliff des Diamanten bedeutet, dass alle thomas sabo charm Mängel, die sichtbar sind, können auch gut sichtbar auf dem bloßen Auge. Daher Asscher Diamanten kann teuer im Vergleich zu sabo charms anderen Diamanten von der gleichen Karat.