Friday, May 1, 2009

Award Time!

The lovely Katie of Katie's Korner has gifted me with a Passionate Blogger Award, and I'm so honored! I love Katie's blog; the recipes she shares are so homey and down-to-earth, not to mention they all sound delicious! So thank you, Katie, my fellow Buckeye, for liking me back!

So here are the rules: Post the logo, write five things I'm passionate about, and pass the award on to five deserving ladies. Since I have a separate personal blog where I share in great detail all the things I'm passionate about on an almost daily basis, I thought I'd share five food-related things I'm passionate about.

1. Cream cheese. I think cream cheese is my favorite ingredient in the entire world. It's not just for cheesecake and bagels in our house. I use it for sauces, as a stuffing for chicken, and as an ingredient in many dips, among other things. And my love for cream cheese frosting? It runs very deep.

2. Bread and butter. I don't think it gets any simpler than that, does it? Ever since I was a little girl eating my grandma's homemade bread, this has been one of my favorite things to eat. Which is probably why my waistline looks the way it does.

3. The peanut butter-chocolate combo. That's a match made in heaven right there. I don't know who first thought of it, but I want to give them a big ol' kiss.

4. Green olives, specifically these. Since the only store that carries them in my area is about 40 miles away, I buy them online by the case. They're the best.

5. Oscar Meyer beef bologna. A bologna sandwich on wheat bread, slathered with yellow mustard, has been my favorite quick meal pretty much ever since I was a kid. I'm an Oscar Meyer weiner, indeed.

I'm passing this award on to:

1. Lisa of Recipe Hunter Lisa. Lisa's such a cool girl, and she shares my food philosophy. Plus, we both have the same goal this year: to cook at least one recipe out of each of our cookbooks. Lisa, we're almost halfway through the year -- how's your project going? I don't know if I'm going to make it!

2. Sara of Sara's Kitchen. Her photography is amazing, she's so sweet, and I love the recipes she chooses.

3. Donna of My Tasty Treasures. She is an amazing cook and an amazing lady. If you don't read her blog, you should really check it out; I guarantee you'll be entertained! And you'll never look at Tyler Florence or a kielbasa the same way again...

4. Debbie of mocha me. Debbie has such an awesome collection of recipes on her blog, and her dogs are adorable!

5. Katy of Food for a Hungry Soul. You need to click over to her blog right now and look at the peach raspberry pie recipe she posted. All of her recipes sound so amazing. She loves home cooking, and I love that she shares her cooking with us!

Thanks again, Katie!

5 comments:

Lisa K said...

Yay! An award!!

I don't think I'm doing so well...I'm going in alphabetical order and I'm still in the B's!

Katie said...

I have another one for you over at my blog, please stop by and pick it up.

Donna-FFW said...

Oh, thank you Cassie. I am so thrilled to get this one. I will pass it along in a future post..

Anonymous said...

Oh lord, cream cheese really is wonderful. You have a recipe in this blog somewhere of pasta with a cream cheese sauce...I'm very excited to try it this week!

Debbie said...

Thank you so much Cassie. Your are very sweet to pass this along to me. I will be out of town this weekend but will pass it along in one of next week's posts.. Have a great weekend and Mother's Day!!!