Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chicken Broccoli Bacon Ranch Foil Packets


I know, I know, again with the chicken bacon ranch stuff, right? I guess I’m becoming a bit one-note, but seriously: If this combination is my one note, I’ll sing it until you gag me! ;)

In this recipe, my favorite combo is combined with broccoli, cheese, and stuffing and wrapped up in a tidy little foil package. I love this recipe, because it’s an entire meal in one foil packet. It’s so low-maintenance: Just toss everything in foil, wrap it up, and bake it until it’s done. Your starch, veggie, and meat are all right there; you don’t even need a side dish. And with this combination of ingredients, you know it’s delicious. I don’t even need to tell you that.

Actually, my favorite part about this recipe was what happened to the broccoli as it cooked in the foil packet. I thought it would just steam in there, but it actually roasted instead, adding a deep, rich, nutty flavor to the rest of the ingredients that I thought worked really well. My boys loved watching me open the foil packets to reveal the melty, fragrant, juicy treasure inside. They loved eating them, too.

Chicken Broccoli Bacon Ranch Foil Packets
from My Recipe Box

1 package chicken-flavored stuffing mix
1 1/4 cup water
4 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 tablespoons ranch dressing

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray 4 sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil with cooking spray.

2. Combine stuffing mix and water. Spoon 1/4 of the stuffing mixture onto the center of each foil sheet.

3. Top stuffing in each packet with a chicken breast half, season with salt and pepper, then add 1 cup of broccoli. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the cheese and one slice of bacon, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing. Repeat with all packets.

4. Bring up foil sides and fold to seal, leaving room for heat circulation inside.

5. Place packets on a cookie sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes. Remove packets and let stand 5 minutes. Cut slits in foil for steam before opening.

4 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

I very nearly drooled while reading this, which means that I should probably make it sometime soon. :)

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

LOVE anything that is one-pot (foil) like this. I recently did potatoes that way and loved it. I can't believe it took me so long to discover that cooking method.

Monica H said...

You know any time I see a recipe with bacon or ranch I think of yOu? In fact I bet that sour cream chicken would be great with some ranch powder on it. yum! Oh and I made your ranch pretzel chicken last week. We loved it too!

Lacey said...

This was so easy to make and it tasted great. My husband I both enjoyed it. I love your blog, thanks for all the tasty recipes.