This dish is so Sandra Lee of me, since it uses jarred Alfredo sauce. You could definitely make your own sauce, but I find that my brand of jarred sauce (Ragu) imparts a lot of flavor and saves a lot of time. The resulting dish is flavorful, creamy, and totally irresistible. It's light enough to eat in the spring and summer months, but hearty enough for fall and winter. I just know you'll love it!
Creamy Red Pepper Chicken Pasta
1 box fettucine or linguine
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
Italian seasoning to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 yellow onion (2 if the onions are small), sliced
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup milk
1 jar roasted red peppers, drained
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook in olive oil in a skillet until juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet and let rest.
3. In a medium saucepan, cook onions over medium heat until they just begin to caramelize. Season with salt and pepper. Place peppers in a food processor or blender (the Magic Bullet works perfectly for this!) and pulse until peppers form a puree.
4. Add Alfredo sauce to onions, then add milk and mozzarella cheese to desired consistency. Stir in the red pepper puree and heat through.
5. Once chicken has rested, slice at an angle and mix with pasta, reserving some strips for presentation. Add sauce to pasta and chicken. Top with additional mozzarella or parmesan cheese, if desired.