Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 10.3.11



Monday: Crock pot chicken with black beans and cream cheese, cilantro lime rice. This chicken is a favorite in our house. It’s so easy and calls for so few ingredients, and it. is. delicious. This is one you should definitely try if you haven’t yet!


Tuesday: Bow ties with sausage, tomatoes and cream. This looks amazing, and I knew I’d be trying it the instant Sarah posted it. I’m going to add some spinach, too, to sneak more veggies into my boys.

Wednesday: Slow cooker chicken Caesar sandwiches and chips. Have you noticed I’ve been using my slow cooker for lots more meals lately? I’m very into it right now for some reason. I’m adding bacon to these sandwiches, and maybe some tomato, too. Yum!

Thursday: Marlboro Man’s favorite sandwich and stovetop macaroni and cheese. It’s about time I tried this sandwich, years after the rest of the world already has. However, I will be using less butter. Much, much less.

Friday: Slow-cooker bacon ranch chicken, steamed broccoli, rolls. Again with the slow-cooked chicken! I’m pretty sure I’m going to love this one.

Saturday: French onion pasta and roasted asparagus. Although I think I’ve put together a pretty delicious meal plan this week, this may be the one I’m looking forward to the most. I’ve been craving caramelized onions lately (yes, I’m craving onions, I'm so odd), so I'll be adding tons of them to this pasta.

Sunday: Sour cream chicken, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli, rolls. I’m intrigued by the cooking method for this chicken, and looking at the list of ingredients, I can only assume it’s going to taste amazing.

3 comments:

amanda @ fake ginger said...

I think this is the 2nd week in a row we've had the same thing on our menu - got that sour cream chicken planned! And I'm super excited about it!

I'm so trying the chicken w/ black beans recipe too. All about the crockpot right now.

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Spinach will be a great addition to the bow ties and sausage. You're going to love that one, I promise. :)

Allison said...

How do your boys do with those sandwiches? I don't plan many in our house because he doesn't do great with sandwiches.

You know, I craved onions when I was pregnant....