Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Bunny Cookies

For those of you who celebrate Easter, here's a fun cookie to make for -- and with! -- your kids. I made these for my son's daycare class, and I think he and his friends are just going to love them. Start out with a batch of your favorite sugar cookies (or just buy a mix like I did, semi-homemade girl that I am), add icing, shredded coconut, and decorations, and voila!: adorable little Easter bunny cookies. I was going to make some flowers too, but it turns out the cookie-cutter that I thought was a flower was actually a snowflake, which isn't exactly appropriate for the season. I think the bunnies are cute enough on their own though.

Easter Bunny Cookies

Equipment: bunny-shaped cookie cutter
1 batch of sugar cookies (make them from scratch, or use a mix)
White icing
Shredded coconut
Easter M&Ms
Black decorating gel

1. Cut sugar cookie dough using bunny cookie cutter; bake cookies (according to directions on package, if using a mix). Cool.

2. Spread cooled cookies with icing and sprinkle with shredded coconut, pressing gently to ensure that the coconut sticks to the icing. Add M&Ms for eyes and nose. Use decorating gel for eyeballs and mouth.

2 comments: