Friday, April 23, 2010

Creamy Tortellini with Spinach and Tomatoes

If you visit my website regularly, you’ve probably noticed my list of “Coming Soon” recipes over there on the left. I try my best to share things in the order that I make them, but every once in a while, a recipe comes along that just begs to be shared IMMEDIATELY. And guys, this is one of those recipes. We had this for dinner last night, and I literally couldn’t wait to share it with you today.

It may not look like anything special, but you won’t believe how delicious this really is. The sauce is creamy and cheesy and tangy and peppery and tastes so amazing with the tortellini. The spinach soaks up the sauce, making it flavorful and delicious, and the tomatoes add a wonderful sweetness. I can’t wait to make this again. I’m actually considering putting it on next week’s menu, and there are very few things that make my menu in back-to-back weeks. We all loved it, and I think you should try this very soon, because I promise you will love it too.

Creamy Tortellini with Spinach and Tomatoes
source: adapted from Kraft Foods

1 19-ounce package frozen cheese tortellini
1 cup milk
5 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
6 ounces baby spinach leaves
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes

1. Cook pasta as directed on package.

2. Meanwhile, heat milk and cream cheese in large skillet over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and pepper. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Add spinach; mix well.

3. Drain pasta. Add to spinach mixture; mix lightly. Stir in tomatoes and remaining parmesan cheese.

9 comments:

Kat said...

This looks fantastic. I bet it is sooo creamy!

Cristine said...

That looks amazing! Definately bookmarking this one! YUM!

MaggieB said...

Hey Cassie!
I just KNEW we are sisters separated at birth! GMTA! I posted 4 Cheese Ravioli with Shrimp and Tomato Basil Cream just this week! It's like we were cooking in each other's kitchens! I LOVE it!

I have going to try yours now... you can try mine! LOL!
~MaggieB

baby cribs said...

This one looks so creamy! I will definitely try this one.

love-up-you said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.