Friday, February 26, 2010

Peanut Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables

I've always been intrigued by the use of peanut butter in savory sauces, but it's something I've never tried before. I've always wanted to, though, and this recipe sounded like a good one to try. And I'm glad I did, because this was delicious! I definitely think that peanut sauce is a required taste; it's not for everyone, but we all really liked it -- especially Andrew. I think he would eat these noodles every day if I let him! The use of shredded store-bought rotisserie chicken and steam-ready frozen vegetables makes this meal come together very quickly, which means it's perfect for a weeknight dinner. I'll definitely be making this one again.

Peanut Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables

source: seen on Stephanie Cooks, originally from Eating Well


1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter

2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce

2 teaspoons minced garlic

1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger

1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce, or to taste
(use 1 1/2 teaspoons for more heat; I adjusted for Andrew)
8 ounces whole-wheat angel hair
1 12-ounce bag frozen Steam Fresh Asian medley vegetables


1. Put a large pot of water on to boil for cooking pasta. Microwave the frozen vegetables according to packaging directions.


2. Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and chile-garlic sauce in a large bowl.


3. Cook pasta in the boiling water. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Pour the cup of hot water into the peanut sauce; add the pasta, vegetables and chicken; toss well to coat. Serve warm or chilled.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

My husband doesn't like any kind of peanut sauce, and I think it's a shame, because I love it!

Debbie said...

Sounds delicious....I think this would be a hit in my house....

dictionar german said...

I love foods that have as incredient peanut... I definitely think that peanut sauce is a required taste for cooking this

Haley said...

Has anyone tried with asian noodles instead? Like a rice noodle...?